If you are looking to sell a house quickly, there are several key things to do to enhance your home and make it stand out before placing it on the market. The housing marking can be a tough place to sell your home, with a lot of paperwork and hurdles to clear before a sale can be finalised. We want to give homeowners some top tips so that they can make their home as presentable as possible in order to get as fast a sale as possible. Some houses remain unsold on the housing market for as long as a year, which is a very long time to wait, especially if you are trying to move into a new house.
Sell A House Quickly – Top Tips
1. Wash the walls – The walls should look and smell clean. Wash the walls with a good quality, neutral washing solution like a soft detergent or water and lemon.
2. Clean the windows – Both the outside and the inside of the windows must be clean and spotless, as this is something that most homeowners look at. Make sure you also do the frames and the surrounds, and if there is any damage to the windows or the frames it is recommended that this is taken care of.
3. Use an online service – You can sell a house quickly with an online buyer, since they buy almost every home on the market regardless of condition, it is one of the quickest ways to get a hassle free sale. There are several out there to choose from, so make sure you look around and compare the different companies.
4. Clean the carpets professionally – Get a professional carpet cleaning service to clean your carpets thoroughly. You can also hire a carpet cleaning machine and do it yourself. After years of living in a house, the carpets generally become dirty and full of dust and dirt. Only after cleaning will you be able to see the difference in the carpet.
5. Check the heating system – It is important that all parts of the heating system work as they should, as this can be a big turn off for buyer, especially if you live in a cold climate.
Check The Exterior
6. Check the exterior – Check the guttering, roof, exterior walls and the pipes to make sure there are no leaks or damage to these systems. If there is any obvious staining on the outside of the house it can look bad to potential buyers.
7. Clean the garden – The garden area will likely be the first area that people see, so make sure it is presentable and welcoming. Start by mowing lawns, weeding any overgrown areas and tidying up the entrance area. You do not have to have a beautiful garden with lots of flowers, just a neat outdoor area that does not look overgrown.
8. Check the drains – Make sure there are no exterior drains that are blocked as these can become smelly and unsightly and could be enough to turn away any potential buyers.